Sunday 6 April 2014

Levi's denim jacket - Punk style

Yesterday I got started on a new project which I'm feeling very passionate about. I'm getting accustomed to shopping in charity shops rather than high street fashion chains. I found a men's Levi's denim jacket in cancer research for £10 last week and got to work in it immediately, well I tried to...


As you can see it was already bleached. Obviously someone decided to go all Jackson Pollock on the jacket, so I tried to bleach it all over. But that failed. So  I have decided to keep it the way it is as a method of experimentation.

I'm currently on a bit of an away break at a lovely cottage away from all civilisation which is a brilliant opportunity to get stuck into this modification project.

I bought 5 packs of safety pins from pound land so armed with these I started to rip and tear. 


Fraying the denim sleeve took a while. It takes a lot if concentration and asbestos hands holding your hand in the same position for hours on end becomes painful! I worked on the upper sleeve attaching safety pins. 


Today's end product looked like this. I think I'm going for the punk look with this one. It's going to be very summery as there will be large holes caused by fraying. I'd love to attach see on patches of punk and rock bands and attach studs and spikes. 

I love seeing a project slowly coming together it paints a bigger picture of the outcome!

Chloe V

No comments:

Post a Comment