Tuesday 15 April 2014

Paper shade lighting - Return to College

 
Return to College.
 
So today was my first day back at college after a 2 week holiday. I cant say i was looking forward to it as we have an extremly busy few months ahead of us.
We have what is called a Graded Unit project which is the end of year project which we will be marked on to determine if we have passed or failed the course. We have to incorporate everything we have learned over the past year into this final project. I seen the HND class last year go through the stresses of it and it did not lok enjoyable. So I have all that to look forward to!
 
As of just now though we are to design an exhibition around the designer Phillipe Starck. Showcasing his designs through what ever theme we decide.
 
The one thing I love about my department is that there are different classes that use the classrooms. There is work from different classes spread over tables and walls which gives me inspiration and an insight into how others design.
 
 
For example, I came into class today and found lamp shades which were design by the HND Interior Designers.
 
I would actually hang this in my bedroom!
 
 
Interior Design is not about deciding what kind of decorative wall paper to hang ( I get so wound up when people say this to me) Its about design. And even in class we dont just design spaces, we design objects.
 
These could be sold on Etsy huh!
 
Anyone can make these! Its just having the imagination to design one thats the key!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment