Tuesday 8 April 2014

Sketchbook work

My college course requires me to complete a unique sketchbook every time we are assigned a new project brief. It's the most creative way to convey your thinking throughout every stage of the design process. I love the whole process of creating a sketch book but at some point I hit a brick wall and I run out of creative juices to make my sketchbook look amazing!!!
All I can say is thank god for Pinterest to help with this sudden hault!! It's honestly the best and most visited resource I have for finding inspiration.  
Below are some examples of my sketchbook work and some from other students in my year. 


I'm really proud if this page. I used an ink pen and quickly sketched around an A4 page attached to an A3 page in the style of a Forrest and mountain landscape. I've uploaded to this image Pinterest and had a lot if unexpected repins and likes on it.






this is a page from my friend Fiona's sketchbook from a design project. I always love looking at other classes sketch books to see the different variations in layout and decoration.


This is a very basic mood board to reflect my inspiration for my design of a screen/ room divider. I wanted to base my design on jellyfish but didn't want just jellyfish on my moldboard. Sorry for the quality of the picture.


This sketchbook page comes from a student who previously studied at my college. My tutor showed me at my interview for the course to give me an idea of what we would be doing in class. We are constantly encouraged to quickly sketch but I'm far to much of a perfectionist to have a sketchy sketchbook. This example shows that taking time on at least a few pages of a sketchbook can really make it more appealing. The rendering used in this page is perfect but I think it may be something to do with the colour used. Annotating is key and including figures in the sketches to demonstrate the scale of the design. 

I'm constantly in search for inspiration for sketchbook pages and making my own instead of purchasing the plain old A3 hardback sketchbook.

if anyone has any ideas and examples I'd live to see.

Chloe V

No comments:

Post a Comment